TP-Link App cannot find EP10 Smart Plug

2023-11-29 02:18:28
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm having an issue with the tp-link app on an Android phone when setting up a couple of EP10 smart plugs. These plugs come in a box of 4 and I was able to setup the first two without any problems. However the second two are having an issue (the same issue for both). During the setup I am able to connect to the smart plug WIFI then switch the phone back to my home network. When I check my router, the MAC address of the new plug shows up as being connected to the router and light on the plug turns blue. But for some reason the app is unable to see it. Instead I get an 'Unable to Connect to Your Wi-Fi Network Error". 

According to the instructions for this error, if the LED on the plug is solid blue, which mine is, I need to make sure the device and the phone are on the same network, which they are. Then refresh the devices page on the Kasa App. Unfortunately, no where does it say how to refresh the devices page. I have looked in all through the app and have not found a 'refresh devices' setting. I have tried shutting down the app and restarting, but this does not fix the problem. These plugs are useless unles they are set up through the app, so I'm not really satisified with these plugs at the moment.

Kasa App version 3.3.550 Build 1226 (update says this is up to date).

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link App cannot find EP10 Smart Plug
2023-12-01 01:50:49

@rotcoddam,

So a few things, if you are configuring these via Andorid, your device may be able to automatically switch between the networks or will prompt you to switch Wi-Fi networks.

To refresh your devices in the app, you would want to pull down on the list of devices while at the top of the list as you would with a mobile webpage. Otherwise, a simple app restart should do the same.

From the sound of it, however, your plugs were never fully connected to the network, or at least were never able to communicate with the TP-Link servers to finalize the process. When you were setting up the devices, were you able to complete the entire setup process?

Depending on how far the devices made it in the setup, I would recommend first trying a soft reset(hold the device button for 5sec), which will reset just the network settings.

Otherwise, try resetting the devices to factory defaults by holding the button on the plug for 10 seconds. This will allow you to start the process over again.

Options