Horizontal install

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Horizontal install

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Horizontal install
Horizontal install
2023-12-01 04:46:30

I have the deco S4 and the outdoor x50 unit.  The indoor units easily can be vertical but the outdoor unit would be best installed horizontally.  Will this significantly affect the performance???

Options
1 Reply
Re:Horizontal install
2023-12-01 18:52:41

Hey @TJOPT,

It really wouldn't be recommended for a few reasons, but you may consider each factor for yourself.

Primarily, I wouldn't recommend it due to the potential for the weatherproofing to be affected. While I believe that the weatherproofing standard does apply in any orientation, using it horizontally could change the way water could enter. If you do use it horizontally, try to position the device so any water will easily runoff and away from entry points, like the cables.

Secondly, the units are designed to broadcast outwards and above the node, with very little towards the bottom of the node. When positioning the nodes, consider the fact that this means that your signal may not reach as far in all directions.

Ideally you would want to find a way to mount the device vertically so that your use case follows the testing conditions done by our teams, but you can always experiment to see what would work best for your situation.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 116

Replies: 1

Related Articles