What devices do I buy to accomplish this? Help!

2023-12-01 21:32:25
Tags: #Network

Hello and thank you in advance for anything you can contribute! 

Overview:

Assume that I have a low knowledge base of these products and details you provide are extremely appreciated. 

Assume I have no devices purchased except my ISP.

I would like almost all of the products to be from TP-Link if it makes sense in the setup I wish to achieve. 

I would primarily like help with just the network products and devices.  I don't necessarily need recommendations for the specific security cameras (you will read about them below) unless it would adjust my network purchases.  

My ISP: Starlink

My Property: A flat, almost perfectly square plot of land that is 40 acres large.  Assume that a light density of trees is scattered across the entire property.  I do NOT have line of sight unless I find a way to place devices above the trees, which could be feasible if the plan calls for it.  I have a very open mind.

Other Users: I don't anticipate other devices connecting to this network except for my wired TV in my home and a video game system.

My Budget:  I'm in the dark on how much to allocate, but I'd like to keep it under $5,000.  That also may be way too much.

Device Purchase Recomendations to create this network:

I am trying to setup 4 security camera hubs around my property.  Each security camera hub will have approximately 4 cameras.  There will be 1 hub at each generalized corner of my square property.  The security cameras will most likely be Arlo brand.  Each Hub will be solar powered along with whatever equipment I need to purchase to make them work.  I would like all the equipment to be at least WiFi 6 compliant unless that seems like overkill.

I was given advice on buying 5 Point-To-Multi-Point wireless bridges with one of them being in the center of my property and the other 4 near the corners which would be located at the security camera hub locations.  Words like omnidirectional, passive/active beamforming, and RF are currently on the learning curve for me.

Even just contributing a basic list or options of a list would be beneficial for me.  I can then take those lists and research the products and ask specific questions for follow-up if I'm unable to find the answers.  I understand that this may be incredibly easy for some of you, but this is a stretch for my mind.

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:What devices do I buy to accomplish this? Help!
2023-12-06 10:58:19

@Darkprayer 

It would be better to post your help request in the Pharos Wireless Bridges (here) to get more response on that matter.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Tags

Network
Related Articles