Wifi adapter cannot maintain connection with QoS Support Enabled

2023-12-22 17:38:48 - last edited 2023-12-22 17:40:35
Model: Archer T4U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unsure but I just installed the latest drivers available on the support page

Greetings everyone, I hope someone can help me becasue I am at my wits end. I recently bought the T4U Plus to replace my last wifi adapter which was seeminlg broken (as I explain I may not be certain it actually was) and it kept disconnecting over and over, and outright refused to reconnect again, claiming "This network is not available" Im my inital research I found another thread that recommended going into the device properties and setting the "QoS Support" property to "Not Support QoS" and true to their word: my connection stabilized and stopped dropping off at random and refusing to reconnect again.

However the downside to this is that by disabling QoS Support my internet speed plummeted. I very recently switched over to Spectrum and got their proprietary modem and router and should be getting 100mb/s but with QoS turned off, my speed tops at 20-25MB/s which isnt awful but if I'm paying for 100MB/s I want to be able to get it and rarely but every once it a while it'll dip below 10MB/s and that just unacceptable,

Now when I first got it at the tail end of August everything was fine, there wasnt a single issue and this is when I was using my older WiFi adapter but roughly a month ago the at the drop of a hat, my wifi just became completely unstable (hence my inital opinion that the wifi adapter broke) and why I bought this current adapter.

Now I don't know whats truly to blame, is it the adapter? did Spectrum do something to their router in an update that caused it to become unstable if any wifi connected to it is using QoS Supprt? (becasue again, it was perfectly fine for the first 3 months) I cannot accest any router settings (and entering the IP address leads to a page with a QR code telling me "Go download the Spectrum App") I've attempted fiddling with multiple proerties in the adapter settings to no avail and running an ethernet cable to my computer is out of the question (it would have to go quite literally from one end of the apartment to the other)

I am using Windows 10 currently, I have tried installing and reinstalling the device and the drivers several times, sometimes it'll stick for several hours with QoS Support enabled, sometimes it'll cut out after 10 min and I have to try again or disable QoS Support in the adpater proterties. Any help or insight will be highly appreciated

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 0

Related Articles