Votes

Third Party Control

Third Party Control
Third Party Control
2024-01-02 22:52:06 - last edited 2024-01-03 23:02:54
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Request the ability to select devices connected to my account and share control of them with other third party users.  Meaning that I could give a friend the ability to control a device connected to my account without having to share login access with him/her to access my account.  I could select to share control of it with him/her, they could create their own Kasa account and the share would populate into their account allowing them control of the device.  A real world example of this would be if I had an outdoor light controlled by a Kasa switch that lights a portion of my neighbors yard.  Allowing my neighbor to control this light would be helpful for them to be able to turn that light on as well.  With the ability to share control with them, it would allow both of us to control the light, but that would be the only device they could control on my account.  To accomplish this currently, I would only be able to share my login with them which allows them access to all my devices for control as well.  If I'm allowed to share control, I would remain master of that device and turn off sharing at any time.   

Options
1 Reply
Re:Third Party Control
2024-01-03 23:04:36

@ScobbyWon,

Thanks for the feedback. This is actually something that has recently hit our team's radar due to the option to add a Kasa device to the Tapo app, which supports a 'Device Sharing' feature - however, this does not yet extend to Kasa devices. 

I will make sure to forward the feedback to our teams for consideration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 147

Replies: 1

Voters 1