Help with deco network

Help with deco network

Help with deco network
Help with deco network
2024-01-03 05:51:23 - last edited 2024-01-03 06:01:15

Hello,

I'm new here. I currently have 3 decos, 1 in the living room in the house (main), 1 on the back porch, and 1 in my camper.  I've had these for over a year and I have only had issues twice with the satellite decos flashing red. Usually just the one in my camper. I've checked for updates,  restarted it, restarted all of them, deleted the back porch and camper ones and added them back, reset my router.  I did a speed test on my router network and the main deco and they come out what they should be. The one in my camper today sometimes was normal at almost 100 download and 80 to 90 upload. The last time I had this issue I reset them a couple times and I was good.  This time I was good for an hour or two and then just my deco stopped working again. I work in here and play on my Xbox. I need my internet back and I don't understand why it keeps cutting in and out all of a sudden. Weather isn't bad and since I have connection and speed in the house it shouldn't be my ISP. Can anyone help?  I updated the app on my phone today and there were no updates for the decos..there haven't been for a few months that I've seen. When I can get back into the system I can tell you what the versions are currently. 

I have logs from the deco itself if I need to send them to someone. I'll add the picture of firmware info below. I also tried rebooting the whole system. I feel like there are updates its missing or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

29e8d85bab074fd6ae6cbfc064a63c72

Thank you! 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Help with deco network
2024-01-03 18:42:16

@Mruther 

To be honest you are using the Deco system outside of the designed specs.  The system is designed to work indoors within 1 building.  They are not really designed to be used in the manner you are using them, relating a signal from the home to a camper. There are just to many factors to accommodate when sending a signal from an indoor unit outdoors to another indoor unit.  Ideally, the best option I see is placing a Deco X50-Outdoor on the back porch to get a better signal to the unit that is in the camper.  Depending on how far the camper is you might even be able to move that unit inside the home and just have the Deco X50-Outdoor provide the signal.  You would just add it to your existing system like any other Deco unit place it outside between the house and camper, where there is a strong signal from another unit and you should be good to go from there.    

Options
2024-01-03 18:51:36

@Carl 

Thanks. I know it isn't ideal but I've had them for over a year and get pretty high speeds in the camper.  It's hardwired to my xbox so can't move it.  My camper is right outside the back porch where the second unit is.  When my parents camper is parked on the other side of mine they have one turned on as well and it reaches and let's them stream on their TV. So the distances between units are not very far and there's not much between them. Anyways, it's reset itself today and it's back to working. I have only had the 2 issues in the time I've had them which is actually getting close to 2 years. And I game online with friends almost daily. At somepoint I'll be able to move into the house and can get rid of them.  It's just a means to an end right now.  

Options
2024-01-03 19:17:24

Adding in that the back porch is inside not outside. None of the units are outside. The porch is totally enclosed. 

Options
2024-01-03 19:17:57

@Mruther 

Oh, I understand completely. The suggestion is based on the red lights on the unit which indicates its lost connection.  This here could also help.  If your hardware version supports this option you would want to have the camper connect the porch unit, instead of the default which is the main unit, unless that unit is completely out of range.  This would help with connection stability and could ensure that drops like that are less likely.  If it doesn't work then maybe consider the Deco X50-outdoor option.

Options
2024-01-04 07:23:59

@Carl 

I don't seem to have the option in my app to change connection. Is there a good way to have it connect to the porch one? That is honestly what I was trying to do and I am sure would help a lot. Should I readd it by hardwiring it to the one on the porch and adding it back to the network? I did update my app and no changes for my deco model sadly. 

Options
2024-01-05 00:43:53

@Carl 

Do you know if the system would still work properly if I replaced one or two satellites with a different model?

Options
2024-01-05 15:32:06

@Mruther 

Yes, all models of Deco will work with each other.  For the best experience we do recommend that the best featured model is placed as the main unit of the network.  Additionally its worth noting that when running a mixed network, not all features will be available.  For example if you have an M4 and a X20 in the same network the X20's WiFi 6 features will not be available to the devices connected to the m4. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 7

Related Articles