Archer BE800 no longer works

2024-01-03 08:37:40 - last edited 2024-01-03 08:38:43
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6

I had purchased the router new in December. I have only had this a few weeks and today, it has failed. It turns on and I can access it wirelessly but the internet port no longer works.
I am currently using my old ASUS router (glad I didn't throw it away). 
I have restarted it several times, reset it and nothing. It still can't recoginise the modem any more. I bought the router thru amazon so before I return it, is there some other solution?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer BE800 no longer works
2024-01-03 19:10:17

@Aizen,

Since you have access to the web interface, there are a few settings that you should try.

First and foremost, we think that the behavior may be a result of the MAC address that is stored on your ISP modem. I would recommend performing a MAC clone to match the MAC address of your old ASUS router. The steps to do so can be found in this FAQ: Performing a MAC Clone with an Archer Router

Otherwise, you can force the modem to reset the cached MAC address by disconnecting all attached wires from the modem, waiting for 10 minutes, and then slowly reconnecting your network while the BE800 is connected to the modem.

Also, does the behavior exist when connecting the Archer with another Ethernet Port? 

Options
Re:Archer BE800 no longer works
2024-01-04 05:08:17

@Riley_S I tried setting the MAC address and it saved it but it doesn't change and yes I unplugged everything and waited 10 min. and still nothing.
I also reset the router again and still nothing. 
To answer your other question about changing ethernet ports, that doesn't work either.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309

Replies: 2

Related Articles