Connecting to New Modem

Connecting to New Modem

Connecting to New Modem
Connecting to New Modem
2024-01-05 07:59:38
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I don't know a lot about wifi and equipment and I'm trying to learn. I have a TP-Link Archer A6 router that I've used in the past. I bought a 3pack of Deco X20 mesh units to help boost my signal since I have many new devices that work via wireless signal (ie. cameras, doorbell, thermostat, etc.). Anyway, I just signed up with a new ISP and received the modem today. My question is do I use the router and connect my mesh unit to it and distribute the others around the house or do I need the router at all or does this main deco unit work as a router? And if I can connect the router to a mesh unit, should I? It does seem redundant since the Deco mesh unit is hard wired into the router or modem and would be in the same room as the router. I apologize for the elementary level of this question but I want to create the best system possible so I'm counting on this community's knowledge and brain power! Thanks for any help! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting to New Modem
2024-01-07 11:55:26

@Recycler29 

The Deco can certainly act as a Router, this is its default (initial) behaviour.
In some cases, it can even replace the ISP modem.

From what I read in your message, I do not see any added value of keeping the Archer router in the configuration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 1

Related Articles