Router orange light no internet connection

2024-01-17 11:14:54
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My Archer ax23v router can't get internet signal from modem (orange light). I have two of these - both can connect with no problems to  NTT modem at office. But both cannot connect to NTT modem at home. Office NTT modem is model GE-ONU PR-400MI. Home modem is smaller GE-ONU model. Both modems are brand new, both routers are brand new. Tried different cables, tried resetting, tried unplugging and restarting. Home older modem / router setup works fine. Is it possible that this model does not work properly with this specific modem model? Any suggestions?

ArcherAX23v(jp) ver1.0

AX1800

Options
5 Reply
Re:Router orange light no internet connection
2024-01-18 00:07:52

@Luluhanyu 

Most common reason is you are not getting the IP from your ISP. Power off both the modem and router, unplug both for 5-10 min, plug in both modem and router, then power on the modem, wait a bit then power on the router. 

Options
2024-01-18 04:52:16

@ArcherC8 - Thanks for the quick response. I tried the suggestion, but no dice. I still have the orange light. If it matters, the modem has no on/ off button. So when you plug it in, it's on. Relevant at all? I have checked the router firmware and it's up to date. Any suggestions?? Thanks again

Options
2024-01-19 02:27:49

@Luluhanyu 

If possible, take the home modem and router to the office and see if it works there. That may narrow down what may be the issue. 

Options
2024-01-19 06:10:03

@ArcherC8 Thanks for the due diligence and suggestion. I'll take the house modem to the office tomorrow and see if it works with both new routers there. (And take the office modem to house, and see if it works there). 
Recap:

House: modem works with old router, does not work with both new routers (Archer 23x)

Office: modem works with both new routers. So I will take home modem to office and see if it works there with 2 new routers.

Just curious...

1. If house modem does work in office with 2 new routers - I will keep house modem in office, and take office modem to house, and see if it works.
2. If house modem doesn't work in office, I'll keep office modem in office, and return to Square 1 at home.

What would expect to happen, and why? 
Thanks again for your help. 

Options
2024-01-19 16:33:14

@Luluhanyu 

I sort of expect the issue is the home modem does not talk to the router because it is looking for a previous router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 5

Related Articles