L535 No response in HomeKit

2024-02-29 21:48:39
Tags: #HomeKit

I recently added Tapo L535 multicolor bulbs to my home. They show up and are controllable in the Tapo app, and when I first added them to HomeKit they worked as expected. But after that he first day they failed in the Home app with the "No Response" status. If I cycle the power to the bulbs they may respond in the home app for a few minutes and then they revert to "No Response."  I tried removing the bulbs from HomeKit and restoring them to factory settings and after re-adding them to HomeKit they respond for a while and then revert to "No Response."  The bulbs appear to have a reliable, strong WiFi connection. 

Without a connection to HomeKit these bulbs are relatively useless to me.  Is there a plan to update the firmware to resolve this issue? My bulbs current firmware is: 

1.0.8 Build 230810 Rel.140202

Options
1 Reply
Re:L535 No response in HomeKit
a week ago

Hey @Sherloque,

Were you ever able to get this working? We have now had a few updates Were you adding these directly via Matter or via an Integration? Were these added to the Tapo App or the Apple Home app first?

HomeKit connections can be finicky due to their direct connection to their HomeKit enabled Hub - normally we recommend making sure that the device has an IP reservation in your router settings and to make sure that thedevices are able to always see each other. More often than not, features sucha s your firewall or IoT network will interrupt the connection.

Also, depending on your network, you should look to disable settings such as Fast Roaming, Mesh, or Beamforming, as all of these will prevent your device from disconnecting unnecessarily.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 162

Replies: 1

Tags

HomeKit
Related Articles