AX5400 XE75 Unstable Satellite Node Wifi Connection

2024-03-08 22:36:16
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Background

I received and set-up the Deco XE75 2-Pack Wiki last Friday (3/1). I put the main Deco at 1st floor's living room and 2nd Deco at the upstair's bedroom. At first it was great in terms of the range and connection. 

Firmware is upgrade to the latest version. 

Issues

I experienced connection drop for two days this week (Monday and Friday). I only work from home two days a week and experienced the connection drop on both days. 

My MacBook shows exclamation point in the Wifi symbol. It won't connect to internet stablely. It's like connected for 10 seconds then getting into the mode of trying to making connection to Wifi. Web pages can't be open in Chrome.

Deco App tells me it's connected to the upstair satellite Deco as it's closer to where I work. This instability cause me dropping off from video conferencing etc. 

For up to 40-mins, there's an exclamation point in the middle of the WiFi icon on a Mac. Google says it's connected to the network, but not to your internet service provider. This can happen when the router loses access to your ISP, or it could be a bad WiFi connection

Trouble Shooting

On Monday, I restarted the Deco system. According to Reddit's discussion, it's suspected issue cause by Device trying to figure out which Deco node to connect to. So I turned off the Beamforming function according to people's suggestions.

On Friday, it happened again. This time, this issue drops me from conference call. I immediately went to living room and work there for 30mins. When I got back to the 2nd floor, it's stable again. 

Solutions

Any good suggestions? solutions? I'm worried as it happened twice for a week. Might need to return this Deco products

Options