My new RE220 and TMO-G4AR router/gateway will not connect

2024-03-16 03:12:56
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Help

Have a newly purchased RE200, ver 3.6, no idea yet what firmware version.

Our router -gateway is the TMobile TMO-G4AR.

We cannot get them to talk / connect with one another.

Any ideas?

What info should I be looking for with each device?

My phone sees the TP-Link_Extender

The win10 PC sees the TP-Link_Extender

Both with no internet. Because  RE200 cannot connect the TMO.

Options
4 Reply
Re:My new RE220 and TMO-G4AR router/gateway will not connect
2024-03-18 00:13:59

@Mountain-Guy I have an almost identical issue. The RE220 wont' connect to TMO gateway, except my RE220 is a bit older, version 1.8 and my TMO gateway is TMO-GASE. The TPLINK Extender mobile network is visible to cellphone and desktop computer. The TP link set up (tried multiple methods) won't recognize (or connect) the 5GHz network. Look for help.

Options
2024-03-18 11:12:52

@Mountain-Guy 

@Meng_home 

Hi, Have you set up any Access Control on the T-Mobile 5G gateway?

It is suggested to refer to this link to set the wireless channel first, such as channel 11 for 2.4GHz and channel 48 for 5GHz:

Recommended settings on the host router to work well with TP-Link Range Extenders

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-03-19 01:29:44
Thank you, David-TP! I am not sure where to find access controls. But I was able to resolve the problem by creating another network with 2.4 GHz, following the suggestions from a T-Mobile community post, (I might have to remove the t-mobile community link to post this message?) changing-individual-channels-within-2-4-or-5-50773 I copy and paste the relevant sentences here from the post, " You want to leave this network alone and ADD a second network with the + sign at the bottom of the Network tab in the T-Mobile Internet app. For this new network, set the band to 2.4 GHz and set the WPA version to WPA/WPA2. Try connecting your devices to this second network. Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible." It worked well! Thank you and Mountain-Guy.
Options
2024-03-19 01:43:34
here is the TMobil community link without the https part. The message isn't allowed to post with the full https. I also replaced all slashes and dots with a space community t-mobile com gateways-and-devices-37 changing-individual-channels-within-2-4-or-5-50773
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 4

Related Articles