Is it possible to change the MAC address of an Archer T2U Nano?

2024-03-24 19:02:51
Model: Archer T2U Nano  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I previously tried using Technitium MAC Address Changer, which didn't work. Then I tried directly going to regedit as per this previous discussion. As it turns out, I found out this method is basically what Technitium does behind the scenes. Or at least, I think I found out. I did notice Technitium automatically creates a new entry called "OriginalNetworkAddress" that has the original MAC address and a new entry called "NetworkAddress" that has the spoofed MAC address (though when I check through the command prompt, my device does not take on the spoofed MAC address), but it may do other things that I'm not aware of. I suspect other programs that claim to be able to change MAC addresses function similarly. The discussion I linked mentioned downloading a newer driver, and my device is supported. I downloaded the chipset driver mentioned and installed it. However, there isn't any information beyond that. Can anyone who specifically has an Archer T2U Nano test whether they're able to change their MAC address? It may be worth mentioning that I bought this product last week, so it could be the case that it's possible to spoof the MAC address of an older Archer T2U Nano, but not a newer one.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to change the MAC address of an Archer T2U Nano?
2024-03-29 14:18:10

@Sour_Drop 

Follow this thread suggestions for changing the MAC address of your wireless adapter and check if that works in your case.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 1

Related Articles