Frustrating, Can't Access ESPN while on WIFI

2024-04-01 19:36:43
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

So I had a nightmare scenario where I paid for a pay-per-view event but couldn't access it the night of the fight. Turns out that the router was the broken part of the connection. (I plugged my laptop directly into my modem, and didn't have any problem). I was able to access it later that night on my cell service connection. (Worth noting, it wasn't device-specific. No device that was connected to my WIFI can access ESPN+ for some reason). 

I have no family controls or blocked IP addresses through my TPLink setup (Tether App). Why would Archer prevent me from accessing these? I tried to open a support ticket and they suggested I clone the MAC address of my laptop. I also tried changing the DNS server but to no avail. 

ESPN+ is still blocked on any device that is using my wifi signal. I have not had this issue with any other website. Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot? Thank you!!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Frustrating, Can't Access ESPN while on WIFI
2024-04-01 23:05:58

@AlexOr10 

Try clearing the history of your browser or try a different browser. Sometimes that helps although not sure since it works connected to the modem.

Options
2024-04-02 14:05:11
Just tried, sadly no luck :(
Options
2024-04-02 22:19:14

@AlexOr10 

Are you using a VPN as that can cause websites not to work if the server is in a country that the website blocks. 

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@AlexOr10 I have this exact same problem. I worked with ESPN and they said it was a common router issue. Any settings I can change for this? Same router + Same issue. If I switch to my hotspot espn+ works on my phone and laptop. If I try and stream anything on my wifi it will not (espn+ articles work). 

No VPN I'm aware of btw. Turned off private relay from apple.

Options
a week ago

@plzhelpmesir 

I would backup the router and start changing settings and reboot or power cycle between changes. I would change the IPv6 settings, the homeshield settings, firewall settings, advance settings for different options, and so on.

also try a factory reset and test that. Reload your backup to get back your current settings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 151

Replies: 5

Related Articles