IoT Networks and EasyMesh

2024-04-05 14:40:16
Tags: #EasyMesh #IoT Networks
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20240227 rel.33191(5553)

Now that Wired backhaul is supported with the latest BE800 release I have been able to successfully engage EasyMesh with my BE800 as the main router and a BE550 as the Satelite router.  It does not seem that the IoT network is extended to the Satelitte router, only my main Wifi 2.4/5/6Ghz networks.

I have a good number of devices that I have been running on the 2.4/5Ghz IoT network.  These are things like my network cameras, WiFi enabled Smart Lights, my smart appliances, etc.  In total I currently have 55 wifi devices and 36 of them are on the IoT network.  This results in nearly all of my devices connected to the BE800 which makes for less than ideal wireless connectivity to the IoT devices which are on the other side of my home.  Is it expected that IoT networks will only function on the main router and are purposely excluded from EasyMesh?  I suppose that I could stop using the IoT network and move 55 devices back to my main Wifi SSID, but that defeats the purpose of segmenting the IoT devices to their own network for security purposes.

Options
1 Reply
Re:IoT Networks and EasyMesh
2024-04-05 19:23:52

@Jstewart0131 

This is a known problem and it has been reported several times. Let's hope that a future FW release will remove this limitation.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options