Ethernet Port Troubleshooting/Technical support

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20231229 Rel. 43148

Hello everyone, 

I just installed a 2 pack Deco X55 system and I'm having trouble getting all of the ethernet ports to work. I tried looking for similar issues but so far have not had any luck identifying the problem. So here's the deal:

I'm using the first Deco as the main router and it's being used as follows:

Port number 1 is connected to the modem, this is working as it should (as far as I can tell).

Port number 2 is connected to the 2nd unit, this is also working.

Port number 3 is plugged into a television, or raspberry pi, in another room this is NOT working (the ethernet light just turns on and off intermittently)

The 2nd Deco is upstairs using ethernet backhaul, it is broadcasting wifi as it should but again having trouble with multiple ethernet ports working simultaneously.

Port number 1 is receiving the wired backhaul from the main Deco unit, it's working according to the app.

Port number 2 is connected to a Desktop PC, working as it should (as far as I can tell).

Port number 3 is connected to an unmanaged network Switch (TP-Link TL-SG1005D), this is NOT working.

So it seems like I'm having issues with both Deco units port number 3 working at the same time as port number 2. I can get one port to work but not both. I'm assuming (and hoping) that there is a setting that I've managed incorrectly, but I'm not savvy enough to know where to look. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet Port Troubleshooting/Technical support
3 weeks ago

@FromVT 

Try this solution and check if it helps in your case.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 72

Replies: 1

Related Articles