Ethernet not working on deco?

Ethernet not working on deco?

43 Reply
Re:Ethernet not working on deco?
2021-09-27 02:54:50

I have 4 Deco routers.  The main is a Deco W3600 with SSID: Deco_EB90.  The main receives ethernet via ethernet cable from a Motorola modem.  The ethernet cable is in the #1 port on the Deco. Wifi is fine. Firmware version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 51225

From the #2 port on the main deco, I run ethernet cable to the #1 port on a TP-link 8 port router.  The problem is that I get no internet connection to anything that I then connect to the switch.  If I connect the switch directly to the modem, I get internet connection to other devices that I connect to the switch, so the switch is working.

For instance, with my Samsung TV, set to a wired connection, I get the message that I am connected to the local network, "but unable to connect to the internet."  If I take the Deco out from between the modem and the switch, the TV connects just fine.

I see many others are having this same problem in this thread, but I can't see that anyone has solved it.  It seems like this should be simple! So anxious to find resolution.  This is killing me.

Options
2021-09-27 03:25:07

@dabard 

Hi, is your Motorola modem a modem router combo, or just a bridge modem?

Have you enabled IPTV VLAN ID under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN?

If yes, would you mind turning it off and connect the TV to the Deco directly to have a test?

Options
2021-09-27 03:33:32

@Sheikh1 

Hi, Which Deco is the IP camera connected to, the 2nd port of the main unit?

Did it work if connected to one of the satellite Deco?

Options
2021-09-27 03:37:05

@TP-Link 

Thank you for the fast response!  The motorola is just a modem.  IPTV/VLAN is Disabled.

Options
2021-09-27 05:48:39

@dabard 

Hi, if the Motorola mode is just a modem when the switch is connected to the modem directly, there would only be one device that could get internet from the switch.

For the following setup:

ISP—Motorola modem—<#1 port>-Deco W3600--<#2 port>TP-Link 8 ports switch-- Samsung TV

Did you have any wired laptop which could be used to test the internet service on the switch?

Here are some suggestions:

1. Turn off the fast roaming/ beamforming on the Deco APP.

2. Please also refer to this link to change the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

Options
2021-10-11 13:00:32

@DanielSweet 

i have the same issue too. this deco design is good but LAN port so little nevermind

Main unit (2 port) 1st port connected to the router and 2nd port connected to my TV it shows no connection ( unlike other router 1 port WAN 4 port LAN) easy to use and friendly, ethernet connect to router, all other 4 port just plug and play can be connected. SO 2nd port cant be use i dont know why.

2nd Unit after connected wireless with 1st Deco (main unit)

plug in 1st port to my laptop or any devices. it works perfectly. but 2nd port always dont work. please fix this TP LINK. Paid 1k plus for the router nevermind. please make it user friendly and easy to connect.

BTW my question here haven finish.

Please teach me how to connect more device via LAN. 2 deco only 3 port ( 1 port is for the router d)

i have 1 desktop, TV , TVBOX and laptop

Options
2021-10-12 06:13:52

@Dexter87 

Hi, may  I know the model number of your Deco?

Did you set it up in wireless router mode or access point modem?

--if there is already a Wi-Fi router, you could try to put Deco into access point mode.

And if the LAN ports are not enough, you could add a network switch behind the Deco.

Thank you.

Options
2021-10-12 11:06:20

@TP-Link 

hi yes my model is deco x60, so I need to set my deco x60 (main unit ) to AP MODE? In order to have internet on my second port with LAN cable ( main unit).

No I don't have other router.. only modem > main deco > second deco 

Options
2021-10-13 06:12:02 - last edited 2021-10-13 06:25:09

@Dexter87 

Hi, no. you don’t have to set up Deco to be in the access point to get the Ethernet connection work.

And please refer to the troubleshooting below to get more help.

Options
Re:Ethernet not working on deco?-Solution
2021-10-13 06:23:49 - last edited 2022-06-21 09:46:39

[Troubleshooting]Ethernet not working on Deco, but Wi-Fi works.

Occasionally there is feedback that the Ethernet connection from the 2nd port of the main Deco did not work but the wireless connection did and there are some mis-configurations that might cause some problems. Please refer to the following link and check which one is yours.

Case 1(the most common one): IPTV for Set-Top box
If you have subscribed to the IPTV service from the service provider, you might need to enable IPTV service for Deco, once it is enabled, the 2nd port of main Deco is for IPTV service only and no internet service is available anymore.

PS: Some models with firmware above 1.5.0 already support IPTV service on satellite Deco units, so please select other ports for IPTV service and spare the one from the main Deco. How to Configure IPTV function on Deco?

Case 2: WAN/LAN auto-sensing. 
In this case, the issue is more like: when the internet service went down, LAN connected devices failed to obtain the IP address and wireless clients are not able to access the LAN devices connected directly to the main Deco. So it needs some trigger to activate this issue, such as the internet outage or a broken modem. For more details, please refer to this link:

[Deco] WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Case 3:
If there are no IPTV configuration and no internet outage, the Ethernet connection from the main Deco still did not have internet service, but wireless clients are working fine, Please refer to the following suggestions:
1. make sure you have changed the cable between the main Deco and the Ethernet device.
2. confirm there is no static IP on the device.

If you still have the problem, please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following details:
1. Would the Ethernet device work when connecting the Ethernet client to the Ethernet port of the satellite units?
2. What are the IP settings on the Ethernet client?

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles