EasyMesh satellite loses internet connection, requires frequent restarts

2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX4400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20240125 rel.39949

I have an Archer AX4400(US) Ver 2.6 router that is connected as an EasyMesh satellite to my primary router, an Archer BE550 (fw version 1.0.8 Build 20240226 rel.61914).

This configuration has worked flawlessly for several months.

However, in the last few weeks the AX4400 will occassionally lose internet connection. And I mean internet connection, specifically. All lit LEDs on the satellite router are solid green except for the LED that shows the status of the Internet WAN connection; it's orange. Once this happens, the satellite router will remain like this permanently until after I physically reboot it.

The primary router maintains a reliable internet connection and all devices connected to it experience no interruptions.

The range between the two devices is only 20 feet through an open doorway so range or obstructions shouldn't be an issue. "Network Optimization" shows "Perfect" channel congestion. "Network Diagnostics" show no issues either.

Any help? I bought these devices specifically to use EasyMesh in this way. This instability can't continue.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EasyMesh satellite loses internet connection, requires frequent restarts
a week ago

@scraph 

Have you tried to reset the AX4400 and re-add to the Archer BE550 Essymesh. If you haven't, try that and check if there's any imrovement in stability.

If there's no improvement, the other thing you could try is to set custom Internet connection DNS servers like 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 and test again:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski Thanks for the response. Yes, I have tried resetting the AX4400 and re-adding it to the BE550 EasyMesh several times. That doesn't resolve the issue or even make it happen less often.

I am doubtful that changing DNS settings could do anything. Here's why...

I have a laptop with a wired connection to the satellite router and a wireless connection to the primary router. It maintains both connections but prefers the wired connection when it has it.

When the satellite router loses Internet connection and I am on a video conference call, I lose the audio/video connection. If it were only a DNS issue, I wouldn't expect to lose audio/video on an already connected call. And if I unplug the wired connection to the satellite router, the laptop switches over to the wireless connection and the call resumes.

I'll try... but if you or anyone else has other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Options
a week ago

@scraph .

After reading your problem description and assuming you haven't changed anything in the last few week in your network, the only thing that has been changed is your AX4400 FW version. I suppose your router has FW auto-update feature enabled.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 90

Replies: 3

Related Articles