Qos Priority not working at all

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 55602(5553)

Model: AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Router  

Hardware Version: Archer AX21 v4.6

Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 55602(5553)

Hi
I have a serious problem with Qos in TP-Link AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Router. Please help me if possible....
I have implemented Qos setting to set priority for Devices.

As you see in the Screenshot "CC_Prince" is in the "Low Priority" list and "CC_Lovkesh" is in the "High Priority" List.
But its not working Indeed and both the devices can download and upload at the same speed.
Furthermore the QoS priority of the packets are also same (i.e. Best Effort) for both the devices. PCAP file and RouterConfigFile are attached.
Where did I go wrong?

9d25aefa0ab24b84ad470762353c47af

Options
4 Reply
Re:Qos Priority not working at all

@Lucky1391 

Your router should have speed limit and filter option in client list - try this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@Lucky1391 

In my testing of QoS, it appears to do some good when the network is under some heavy load and not when it is not. Since my network is not under heavy load very often, I do not use it as it is just more router computing power wasted.

Options
a week ago

I have also tried speed limiter (See attached screenshot).

The issue is that before or after prioritizing the device, the priority of the RTP packets always remained same i.e. BestEffort(0). However, after prioritizing the device, the another types of traffic (other than RTP) having Background(1), ExcellentEffort(3), Voice(6) priorities.

Kindly help here.

f56c8a44bc144e379e098b85b81bc09c

Options

@Lucky1391 

I proposed a speed limit feature because I thought that you just need to restrict a particular device traffic.

If it's about the QoS packet priorities you'd better contact your local support for additional details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 122

Replies: 4

Related Articles