Cannot Setup RE205

Cannot Setup RE205

Cannot Setup RE205
Cannot Setup RE205
a week ago
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

No method of setup is working. The device is physically touching my router. My passwords are correct. Both the device and wifi are detected by both my phone and my desktop. But every time I attempt setup I get an error during the "apply my settings" stage. Using WPS doesn't work, either.

I've tried both methods with and without directly connecting the extender and my router via ethernet cable. Nothing works.

My router is direct from the cable company, Spectrum. It's a RAC2V1S 802.11ac. Is it too old?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot Setup RE205
a week ago

@Veraducks 

What error message did you receive during setup ?

When connected by ethernet cable to your router the RE should be in AP mode.

Did you try this video guide - it's the WPS method.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Monday

@terziyski As I said in my post, I already tried the WPS method and nothing happened. For WPS, I receive no error message. It just flat-out doesn't work.

For using the regular method of using the app, it just gives a standard "could not connect" message page.

I did set it to AP mode. It still would not connect.

Options
Monday

@Veraducks 

You'd better contact your local support to be advised on that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 71

Replies: 3

Related Articles