Ceiling Mounted APs: Can They Be Placed In A Corner?

2024-05-02 19:30:07

This is a generic question for the signal experts out there about ceiling mounted access points.

I want to use a ceiling mounted AP at my house, and I narrowed it down to one of the entry level/small business WIFI-6 models from TP-Link. Part of the reason is because I have been a TP-Link customer/user for many years now, and I also like the size of those TP-Link APs. 

Unfortunately, most, if not all, ceiling mounted APs have their Ethernet port of the side of the device, and I was wondering if it is Ok to install a ceiling mounted AP in a corner, so I can hide the cable coming down from the attic.  

Do any of you guys have any thoughts on that and how that might affect the signal distribution?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ceiling Mounted APs: Can They Be Placed In A Corner?
2024-05-08 18:31:51

@Gui_Lima 

They could but for optimal performance you should place them on the middle of the ceiling rather than in the corners - details.

Here's a thread that could give you more perspective on site survey.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Ceiling Mounted APs: Can They Be Placed In A Corner?
2024-05-31 14:20:07 - last edited 2024-05-31 14:20:44

@terziyski , Thank you so much for the input. I do appreciate you taking the time to share that info/links with me. Gui

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 174

Replies: 2

Related Articles