UB500 BLE does not work on Windows-11 as advertised & no LE audio device listed as tested for it

UB500 BLE does not work on Windows-11 as advertised & no LE audio device listed as tested for it

2024-05-09 17:21:44
Model: UB500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6

TP link is making a false and misleading claim on Amazon that is supports BLE for Window-11, but in fact it does not support it.  I had communicated with their tech-support and three different support personnel are responding with boiler-plate respones. It is abvious none of these TP-Link support people know about LE audio or BLE.  They keep pointing me to the the compatibility device list and that does not even even a single BLE device in the list.  How does tp-link claim that it support BLE and has it tested that with any one device in the market for LE audio?

I think Tp-link is blindly getting what Realtex is advertising and have no clue of BLE or  its working on Windows-11.  I suggested them to follow the Microsoft suggestion to verity that it works and give me the specifics of one LE Audio device/headset that it is tested with - no response to the actual question. 

Check if your Windows 11 PC supports Bluetooth Low Energy Audio - Microsoft Support

This is Tp-link false claim on Amazon.

TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC, Bluetooth 5.0/5.3 Dongle Receiver, Plug and Play, Nano Design, EDR & BLE, Supports Windows 11/10/8.1/7 for Desktop, Laptop, PS5/PS4/Xbox Controller (UB500)

Options
1 Reply
Re:UB500 BLE does not work on Windows-11 as advertised & no LE audio device listed as tested for it
2024-05-10 15:32:32

@smarisetty TP links email support got back to me and pointed to the below:

Please check this link for more information about the device.

https://www.tp-link.com/ph/support/faq/274

This does not answer the question.  It is just giving run-around without actually doing a lab test  or giving details on any known BLE head-phones and testing it on Windows-11.

Until they respond with an actual device that is tested with for LE audio, this feature is assumed to be not working.

ex: Are these tested with Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 1

Related Articles