Enable ping from WAN temporarily

3 weeks ago
Tags: #ping
Model: RE715X  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

I have a Blink wifi camera I need to connect to via the RE715X extender.  But the Blink software requires a ping back from the network to the camera to activate it.  Apparently this is blocked by default on the range extender and I don't see a way to enable it via the Tether app or the web interface.  I just need to enable it long enough to activate the camera and then turn it off.   Is this even possble?

TIA

Options
3 Reply
Re:Enable ping from WAN temporarily
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@jlock02 

Enable ping from WAN temporarily is possible only for wireless modem/routers.

REs should not block any ping requests/responses on their ethernet port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

When the Blink module is close enough, I can connect directly to the router.  But in the location I need it I have to use the range extender.  But it will not activate and run thru the extender.  Research with Blink support says that the RE is probably blocking something, most likely a ping from the WAN, when activating.  Still don't know why it will work directly to the router, but not thru the RE....

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@jlock02 

If you've meant the RE - it doesn't have a WAN port, it has only LAN port.

If you've meant your router - the RE can't change your main router settings - it's just a repeater.

This must be something else and it could be connected with your RE configuration.

RE715X supports customized password and encryption (details). Look at that in your configuration settings and check if these are the same as in your router.

You should also note that most RE models adopt Proxy mode by default and this can't be changed (details).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options