Setup Info/Slow wifi speeds

2024-05-11 03:42:56

I have a AT&T Gateway model BGW320-500 it is a modem and router in one for my Fiber Internet. I get 500Mbps speeds with it one WiFi and cable. I wanted to use a full router instead of the gateway. I so I bought the TP-Link AXE5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Router model AXE75. The AT&T BGW320-500 Gateway does not support bridge mode so I used IP Passthrough and disabled the gateways WiFi. The issue is I am getting much slower WiFi speeds using the router VS the gateway. I setup the router and with all the settings set to default. I get around 200Mbps but when I use the gateway I get 500+Mbps. My device is Tri-Band compatible but no matter what band I use doesn’t come close to the gateway speeds. How should I set the router up and settings to get maximum speeds?

If this is a Super duper expensive router I would think it would work better. I tried router mode and AP Mode. My device is two rooms from the router and gateway but the results are the same the router is still significantly shower. Why

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup Info/Slow wifi speeds
2024-05-16 18:53:51

Hi @Cuse165,

The Archer AXE75 should be providing faster speeds than that - as long as your connected device(s) support it.

Which firmware version is your Archer AXE75 running? If it's not the latest, we suggest updating it as shown in our FAQ here.

Are your AT&T Gateway's routing features fully disabled? We would want to eliminate the possibility of a double NAT, which could also potentially affect performance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles