Admin interface and PDF Documentation

2024-05-22 22:52:23
Tags: #Administration
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Don't know this as I have not opened the box yet

Just got the Deco XE5300. While I'm familiar with routers and networking, this is the first product I've bought that does not appear to have a PDF manual with a detailed explanation of anything or a web administration interface.

I do not wish to use the Deco app to set up this network - I prefer to configure the internet and WiFi connections, LAN security and firewall rules manually (through a web Admin interface, if any).

Do any of these interfaces exist for this product outside of the app? Or, do I need to return this item and get regular WiFi routers? Problem is that while the home is well within the coverage limits of this product, I expect issues on multiple floors - and hence the need for a mesh network.

TIA for pointers and suggestions.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Admin interface and PDF Documentation
2024-05-23 04:45:32 - last edited 2024-05-23 04:47:17

@newtodeco 

To manage/configure Deco you'll need the Deco app. There's a limited features available through the Deco web interface - details.

Here you can download the Deco XE5300 user guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-23 12:59:02

@terziyski 

Thank you for that.

Is it only mest wifi that requires using the app, or do all TP-Link products require it? I'm not interested in using a product that does not all all installation and configuration functions to be accessible from a desktop+browser on a wired network. What devices/lines should I be looking at to avoid using the app for administrtion? Thanks.

Options
2024-05-23 17:21:40

@newtodeco 

Only Deco uses the app for management/configuration. All TP-Link routers have web management interface and can be managed/configured via Tether app as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 3

Tags

Administration
Related Articles