POE Deco X50

POE Deco X50

POE Deco X50
POE Deco X50
2024-05-22 23:11:27

Trying to setup these 3 POE Deco units. 

the home is pre wired with cat6 at 3 locations all terminating to a closet where the modem resides. 

It appears to use the main one in router mode both Ethernet connections behind the deco must be used. 
one from the modem and the other from the Poe switch. 
however I only have 1 cat6 cable in the ceiling. 

is there another way to connect these or am I stuck using them as AP's?   

The instructions state that if the POE switch is connected to the modem, no other Poe deco can be connected to the same switch. 

Tia 

Options
5 Reply
Re:POE Deco X50
2024-05-23 04:35:24

@Bababui 

If all Decos are connected to the switch they should be set in AP mode.

When set in AP mode you may consider disabling your main modem/router wireless radio to avoid wireles interference.

Here's a guide on how you can connect Deco using the ethernet backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-23 11:28:33

@Bababui 

When you write "stuck using them as AP", do you mean that you prefer not doing that?

If you really want the Router mode, you should place the main Deco close to the modem, or, depending on your ISP, replace the modem by the main Deco.

Options
2024-05-23 14:33:14
I would like to use the router functionality as well. Right now I have just one setup in router mode to get going. But I noticed bandwidth speed dropped by half and I am standing 5’ from it. In contrast my old router provides full speed.
Options
2024-05-23 14:35:28

@yves_b   Thanks but it seems these are going back. I lost half the bandwidth with just one deco set in router mode. I don't want to use them as AP since I want to use the built in router functionality.  Anyways only have one deco installed at the moment and it is very slow even when I am 5' away from it. 

Options
2024-05-23 17:25:23

@Bababui 

Go through this thread to check if that's the problem with the slow speed.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 5

Related Articles