Broadcasting an extra network

2024-05-30 15:51:55
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

In addition to not being able to enable MLO my router is broadcasting an extra network with a very lengthy SSID. I can't find it in the app and don't know the password for it but it shows up as WiFi-7 and when I turn my router off it disappears. I've already factory reset. Has anyone else run into an issue like this? It's very very strange. I tried doing a live chat with support but I was queued number 1 for over 20 minutes before giving up.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Broadcasting an extra network
2024-05-30 22:56:19

@Turbo_ 

Not sure but could it be the backhaul for mesh?

Options
Re:Broadcasting an extra network
2024-05-30 23:11:20

@ArcherC8 

I think you're correct. I turned off EasyMesh earlier and it disappeared. It would be nice if something in the Tether app explained that the SSID would be broadcasted. 

MLO seems to be staying on but the speeds are only a few hundred MB and I have 10GB service. My computer only has a 2.5GB LAN but that can pull 2.2GB-ish. The WiFi connection says it's over 2GB so it's strange it's so much slower. I got the BE805 to replace a BE550 but that MLO network was faster.

Not sure how they can claim the speeds they do maybe it's combined up and down but still it should be able to do 5GB on 6GHz alone.... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 2

Related Articles