Deco BE95 or EAP773

Deco BE95 or EAP773

Deco BE95 or EAP773
Deco BE95 or EAP773
2024-06-10 09:59:32
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm preparing for a network upgrade and will like to know if anyone has compared a Deco BE95 x2 setup vs. an Omada EAP773 x2 setup, In short, I prefer using the OC200 controller and web interface to manage my network, and if there is no performance difference, then my prefer choice will be the EAP setup controlled by Omada (i'm not a fan of cell phone apps). Thanks for the comments!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco BE95 or EAP773
2024-06-13 19:28:35

Hi @Piplo,

Welcome to the community! 

A few quick questions that may help us better grasp your networking needs and make a recommendation -

1. Will you be wiring each node via Ethernet?

2. How many devices do you intend to connect to your Wi-Fi network simultaneously?

3. What types of devices and bandwidth load do you anticipate (or hope to plan for/futureproof?)

If you prefer a more granular, advanced network configuration experience using a web interface with enterprise-level features, then the OC200 + EAP773 would hold that over the Deco since the Deco Mesh ecosystem is almost entirely app-based via smartphone.

However, the Deco offers intuitive and convenient management via the Deco app, 802.11r for fast, seamless roaming in your home, additional Ethernet ports per node (if applicable to your networking needs), and significantly more bandwidth offered via its 5GHz (up to 8640Mbps), and two 6GHz bands (up to 11520Mbps each) for supported Wi-Fi 7 compatible clients.

Both routes have benefits, but it also depends on how much priority you place on how you want to manage your network and the speed/performance you are looking for.

Options
Re:Deco BE95 or EAP773
2024-06-14 11:18:13
Thanks for the replay. After some research (and soul searching) I decided to go with the Omada setup. I already have an Omada switch, so adding an Omada router, controller, an APs matches the cost of the DECO BE95 x2 setup (plus/minus). As you mentioned I get a more advance network environment with lots of room for future expansion.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 2

Related Articles