TL-WPA7617 always defaults to wireless OFF after power loss

2024-06-11 23:38:00
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 220701 Rel.65093n

After power is cut to the extender, when it starts up again, all settings are remembered APART from the setting that I want wireless ON (both radios). This means every time I tell my home assistant to turn on the back deck wifi, I then have to log in to the Tether app and RE-enable the wireless radios. It's a massive pain to have to keep doing when I expect it to restart with the existing settings in place, not just 99% of them.. and not lacking the most important one!

Was this some sort of security consideration? To always start without radios on after power loss? Why so? What does it achieve?

I run the wifi extender via a smart plug so that it draws less power when I don't need it running. I only need it for a couple of hours a day so this isn't something I'm willing to forgo and leave it idle 24/7. It should be a common use case and it's such a surprising "feature" to not at least hide behind a setting itself, like "turn off wireless radios after power loss" or "always enable wireless radios after restart". Y'know, so it isn't magical....

Options