Unable to connect Blink-Sync module to Deco Internet

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Unable to connect Blink-Sync module to Deco Internet. I tried IOT as well . 

Also followed the steps in Blink sync module won't recognize Deco XE5300 - Home Network Community (tp-link.com). It did not worked.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to connect Blink-Sync module to Deco Internet
a week ago

@Lasar I finally found a solution that worked for me buried in YouTube comments. The user noted that a solid red light after failure to connect was indicative of a firmware issue, and sure enough following their instructions to reset the firmware the module was able to connect and then re-updated its firmware. To do this reset, unplug the power supply for your module and wait 30 seconds, then hold in the reset button and plug the power back in while continuing to hold the reset button. Wait until the module displays a blinking red light (mine blinked 3 times) and release the reset button. Wait about a minute, and the module should show the solid green flashing blue pattern to indicate it's ready for setup. Follow the normal instructions to change to module WiFi in the Blink app to finish. Hope this helps you as I spent way more time than I ever expected searching for this.  

Options
Re:Unable to connect Blink-Sync module to Deco Internet
Saturday

@mticktin thank you so much!  That worked perfectly. I tried for hours to get Blink connected to the Deco network.  I still can't get my garage door opener connected and my Alexa dot.  I appreciate your post very much!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 149

Replies: 2

Related Articles