Product Recommendations for creating Mesh network

2024-06-17 22:18:08
Model: Archer AX3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20230829 rel.65573

Hi, we switched to this router from a synology RT2600ac router. (Worst router I've ever owned)  I had previously been using it as an AP to get better coverage in our backyard, but it's not really all that great and I would like to get another tp link product instead. I have tried extenders in the past, they worked great outside in the winter, but they quickly overheat in the Arizona temperatures, and are all but useless from inside.  I'm also hoping to find a solution that doesn't require running an Ethernet cord through the house, as that would mean going into the attic. (not recommended this time of year)  I don't know if it matters, but we have an older home (40-50 yrs?) and the exterior block walls have been filled with foam insulation and are stuccoed. I appreciate any suggestions or advice anyone might have for me.  Thank you!! 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Product Recommendations for creating Mesh network
2024-06-17 23:06:49

@51k-bos 

There's two options that you have without running an ethernet cables:

1) Using a mesh capable range extenders and build a Onemsh network with wireless backhaul.

2) Using an Easymesh capable routers (for satellites) and build an Easymesh network with wireless backhaul (using the WPS method).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-06-18 17:35:00

@terziyski 

Which range extender would you recommend? Are there specific features I should I be looking for over others? Any to avoid? 

Options
2024-06-18 18:27:44

@51k-bos 

For the first option probably RE705X is a good choice.

TBH, I would go for the second option, in particular with Archer AX55 or Archer AX53.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-06-18 20:11:34

@terziyski 

ok, so which router(s) would you recommend that won't kill my wallet?

Options
2024-06-19 00:38:05

@51k-bos 

If Archer AX55 is too expensive for your budget you could use AX10 or AX1500 for example (check the full list of Easymesh capable routers from my first post) - blue text.

Options