New AX3000 router doesn't appear to be pulling internet signal from ISP

2024-06-22 21:00:44
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I have a new AX3000 router that does not appear to be pulling the IPv4 address from the modem. Brand new router and brand new modem. I had my ISP send a tech out to check the line. I have a clean signal from the box at the street to the box on the house to the modem; straight line connection and no splitters.  

I can complete a wired connection directly to the modem and get full download speed internet. However the signal just seems to stop at the router. The router will broadcast the default network, but no signal is getting through. I cannot access the hardware address from a web browser and the Tether app does not detect the router, so I have no way to access the software or settings on the router, as far as I can tell.

The router shows green lights across the board and the link lights on both the router and the modem are green and show communication between the two. The ISP tech stated that, per his equipment, it appears that the router is blocking the IPv4 address acquisition. However he was just as much at a lost as I was regarding why. I've tested this router with three different modems and multiple Ethernet cables. It simply will not allow a signal to go through. I've also tried rebinding the MACs between the modem and router, but it made no difference.

So before I return this thing as defective, I am wondering if there is something about this particular model that I may be overlooking. Maybe some kind of hard reset I can do on the hardware or some specific connection procedure (not included in the setup instructions) that I haven't tried. I've worked in the IT world a long time, but I've got to admit, this one has me stumped.

Thanks in advance for any advice.     

Options
1 Reply
Re:New AX3000 router doesn't appear to be pulling internet signal from ISP
2024-06-22 22:42:55

@worl4125 

power off and unplug both the modem and router, wait 10 min, plug in the modem, power on, wait a bit for the modem to make its connection, then plug in the router, then power it on and it should connect after a bit. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 1

Related Articles