C-4000 Speed test - stupid question

a week ago - last edited a week ago

So if I do a speed test using the tools on my C4000 - is it testing to my wife connected device or is it actually testing from the router in.  In other words I seem to have real consistency issues with my ISP - they want to blame my WiFi device.  If the tools on the c-4000 is testing from the c4000 up/down speeds then an extremely low connection \speed  is on their end and has nothing to do with distance to the router, walls etc. 

asking because the only laptop I hve that direct connects to the router takes 5 minutes to load and I am tired of constantly turning it on and connecting if using the tolls gives me the same answer instantly 

Thanks

Bob

Options
2 Reply
Re:C-4000 Speed test - stupid question
a week ago

@BobMccue1 

A router integrated Speedtest is being executed from the router itself, not from the device (laptop) that you're initiating the test.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:C-4000 Speed test - stupid question
a week ago

@BobMccue1 

Run tests with the router and the pc to see if there are any differences.

WiFi may be slower as it is more prone to interference and depending on your isp speed may be slower.

can you wife's device do a speed check? 

best way to test isp speed is connect a pc direct to the modem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 65

Replies: 2

Related Articles