Problems with communicating to Decos in app, cannot change settings (and sometimes web interface)

Problems with communicating to Decos in app, cannot change settings (and sometimes web interface)

2024-07-09 04:59:16
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.10

I am having issues with communication from the Deco app on my phone (Android, latest updates) to my mesh system. My main deco and two of the satellites which are connected via a wired backhaul are XE75 Pros. I also have one X55 Pro (firmware 1.3.1) on a wired backhaul and one X50-Outdoor unit (firmware 1.2.5) which connects via wireless.

The issue I have been having for a couple of months now is that the app basically stops communicating with most of the mesh network, I cannot change any of the settings, and the information displayed for the satellites and the connected devices is either not there or incorrect. Some screen shots are below showing the behavior:

8a71ed88486a4bad94d6b896a3c1adb8 All satellites are still working based on the LEDs on the individual satellites and general behavior of all connected devices but cannot see the individual satellite info in the app or click on any of them in this list

aa99ec40503b4cc29ed5ca58999cb80d info for most of the devices in the device list is incorrect; all of my devices are connected wirelessly to my network

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The app did not always behave like this for my system and worked fine (for the most part) until a couple of months ago. The web interface (through tplinkdeco.net) mostly works even when the app is not working, at least to the extent that I can log into the web interface. My whole mesh metwork did crash however when I tried to click on the "advanced" tab in the web interface.

When I cannot change settings or interact with the individual satellites through the app, it does not even allow me to reboot the entire system remotely. The only think I can generally do is a hard shutdown by pulling the power cord to the main deco.

Any thoughts?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 69

Replies: 0

Related Articles