canon pixma 495 wireless printer cant find new wifi router. printer works with cable connected

canon pixma 495 wireless printer cant find new wifi router. printer works with cable connected

2024-07-10 22:12:47

canon pixma 495 printer scanner cant find tp link axe5400 router. will only work wired. never had problems before. tried unistalling then reinstalling. router had firmwave updated and no updated drivers available. please help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:canon pixma 495 wireless printer cant find new wifi router. printer works with cable connected
2024-07-10 22:42:10

@Kirc2101 

I had a Canon Pixma but the MG series printer. I had to reset the printer to factory settings and start the install process from the start. As I recall it would only connect to the 2.4 wifi and durring the set up, my computer had to be on the same 2.4 network. 

Options
Re:canon pixma 495 wireless printer cant find new wifi router. printer works with cable connected
2024-07-11 20:30:13

@Kirc2101 i reinstalled on a laptop running windows 7 worked perfect. canon retired that printer so i tried reinstalling driver. there was a windows 10 update at the same time . probably a updated driver. canon wont supply support anymore.. so it works now.  i paid 68.99 for printer almost ten years ago, never had a problem with it but must of spent well over 500 in ink. like my old router, i run them till they quit. usually 3.5 years. so im ahead of the game on the printer. and im not afraid to keep using 7 on the labtop. i run aftermarket antivirus and i dont click on Bait!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 2

Related Articles