AXE75 WAN port no longer works

2024-07-30 16:25:31
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Suddenly the WAN port on my Router no longer works.  This ethernet cable goes to my modem and if I plug that into my laptop instead (laptop to modem), laptop can access internet normally, through the modem.  But plugging the cable back into the router's WAN port, I only get an intermittant link connection on the modem and when it is connected, the modem reports 10mbps full duplex on that port.

I have a small switch and when I plug the WAN port from the router into my switch, I also get only an occasional link light.  Same cable from the modem, connected to the switch, I get link light on both sides and the modem reports 1000mbps full duplex on that port.  I have tried a couple of different cables, but with my laptop test, I am sure the cable is good.  I have tried connecting the router WAN to several ports on my modem, but that doesn't help.

All of the LAN ports on the router work normally, I can access the router directly with my laptop by plugging into LAN (or through Wifi).

I feel certain there is a physical plug or chip issue with that WAN port.  There is no dust in the port, the pins look fine, jiggling the plug around doesn't help.

Is there any way to repurpose a LAN port on this model to handle the external WAN ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AXE75 WAN port no longer works
2024-07-30 20:46:03

@dhostetter 

You may have lost the IP address with the modem. Power off and unplug both the modem and router, wait 10 min, plug in and power on the modem and wait for it to configure, plug in the router and power on, then see if it connects. 

Options
Re:AXE75 WAN port no longer works
2024-08-07 22:08:28

@dhostetter I have the same problem with the WAN port.  I bought a new router to get back up and running, but the geek in me wants to fix this TP-Link 5400.  Have you had any luck with yours?  I see people suggesting rebooting, but in my case that is NOT the solution.  It seems like a hardware problem because I cannot even get a link light.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 162

Replies: 2

Related Articles