ethernet wont connect

ethernet wont connect
ethernet wont connect
2024-08-06 19:20:35
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hello,

i just upgraded to the AXE5400 aka the Archer AXE75 for my family and completed all the steps for setting up the internet. the one issue that still remains is the ethernet. my wifi is terrific and im happy to have really fast wireless speed but my office is further away than the main living space and i need the ethernet to work so that i can have a good connection when on calls and just throughout my everyday duties. all of the ethernet ports don't have access to internet but the light on the front of the router still shows green. i have tried looking up answers but nothing has helped. i am completely stumped. please help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:ethernet wont connect
2024-08-06 20:15:39

@ZachAttack 

Try testing with a different Ethernet cable and also  with a different device to see if it is the pc or the router that has the connection issue.

Do power off and back on both the router and the PC.

Also be sure you are using the power plug that came with the router and not the one from the old router as the power output may be different but the plugs the same. 

Options
2024-08-06 20:29:51

@ArcherC8 

would you happen to have any other advice?

ive tried these things already and i am using the new power cable.

one thing to also note: the Ethernet was working on the older router before i switched over to the new toyter

Options
2024-08-07 12:05:44 - last edited 2024-08-07 12:06:14

@ZachAttack 

I would try a factory reset and see if the problem still exists.

If the WIFI works and the Ethernet does not and multiple devices using known good cables does not work on the Ethernet then I would think that the router is bad and needs to be replaced.

Options
2024-08-08 17:00:59

@ZachAttack,

You may check a few addiitonal things first:

Verify that your Modem is in Bridge Mode and not providing a wireless connection, or operating as a Router.

Make sure that you only have one device (your router) plugged into the device from your ISP.

I would recommend removing both the current and previous networks from your list of known networks in the phone or PC settings.

It is unlilkely since your Wi-Fi provides a connection, but consider performing a MAC clone for the new router: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2264/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 4

Related Articles