wired ethernet devices not found and some wireless devices cannot connect

2024-08-11 16:14:48 - last edited 2024-08-19 22:52:16
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.5

Just purchased an AX3000 router and am having connectivity issues.  A computer, a radio communications set and 2 TV sets are wired into the network and were working on the old router.  But they do not show up on the network map and, of course, cannot connect to internet.  I have a Sengled hub and a number of lights controlled by it and I have been unable to connect to the hub to control the lights.  I also have 2 kindle devices that cannot connect and a FitBit watch that doesn't connect.  Any tips on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:wired ethernet devices not found and some wireless devices cannot connect
2024-08-12 23:24:51 - last edited 2024-08-19 22:52:16

@rhodester,

Can you provide a bit more information as to what your network looks like and what you are using from your ISP?

How is your router connected to your modem and are there any other devices connected to the ISP Modem/Gateway?

I would recommend first seeing if you have configured a static IP address on the devices themselves, as this could prevent them from connecting to the network at all. 

If you have a switch in your home, make sure that you also reboot the network switch to refresh its network settings.

For these wireless devices, have you tried reconnecting them, or did you use the same network name and password in hopes of having the devices reconnect?

Based on the devices you listed, you may try adding them to a guest or IoT network - or you can try lessening the security used for your wifi network. Older devices may have problems connecting with the latest security features.

Options
2024-08-19 23:07:44
OK, I am home again. I am still having trouble with 4 devices, my Sengled hub for the lights, the 2 Kindle paperwhite ereaders and my Echo Show. None of these things will connect with the wifi. Resetting the Sengled to factory and following the steps to reconnect it the phone app says that it cannot find a hub to reconnect. Both of the Kindles list both the 2.4 and 5 G wifi but fail to connect to either, but do connect to the wifi in the motels I have been staying in while away working and at work. The Echo show also shows both wifi but will not connect to either, but did connect right off to the phone hotspot. It now looks like all wired devices, except the TV sets are online, the TV sets are online on the wifi. So it seems to me that there is something about the wifi that is not compatible with these devices.
Options
2024-08-20 21:46:10

@rhodester,

There are some features that can interrupt a device's connection if they are not compatible. Typically, you will want to look for settings in your router/tether app related to fast roaming and beamforming. You should also consider checking or lowering the encryption method used by your network - many older or IoT devices will prefer an older method such as WPA2.

You may consider disabling the Smart Connect feature and configuring the network to use two seperate networks with the same network name. This can help with devices that will not connect to a mixed network. Also, make sure that your channel width is set to Auto or try using a lesser channel width to test.

Was this the same network name that oyu had previously? If so, you may need to forget the settings related to your older network on devices such as your Kindle.

For your Sengled Hub, make sure it is searching the network and not via Bluetooth or a Direct Phone-Hub Wi-Fi Connection. If it is using your network to find the hub, try disabling your cellular network in case the "search" is happening across the wrong data connection.

You could also consider adding these devices to your Guest or IoT network if your model supports it. These networks often are meant to be compatible with more devices and may provide a clue.

Options