Brand New x55 Pro Mesh - Can’t setup existing Arlo AVD1001

a week ago
Model: Deco X55 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

I just bought an x55 pro mesh system. The Arlo video doorbell I had wouldn't connect so I tried to setup fresh, but something is preventing the app from detecting it. The device, AVD-1001, will connect to Deco, but setup still fails. I created an IoT network, WPA2 and 2.4ghz, which is what's needed. Fast Roaming is off, Beam Forming doesn't exist. I selected the main router and 2.4ghz as the connection type from the device list Connection Preference but that didn't help. I do not have HomeShield other than Parental Controls.

I'm at a loss here. Any thoughts?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Brand New x55 Pro Mesh - Can’t setup existing Arlo AVD1001
a week ago

@JustAllen 

Have you tried turning off the 5g broadcast? It may be interfering with the set up of your device 

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
a week ago

@HelpFixDecoApp I did. Before I created the separate IoT network that does not have 5g I tried that. But I just tried again, and it's still not working.

Options
a week ago

@JustAllen I plugged in the old router, was able to add the Arlo as a device using the same network and password info. Plugged back in the new router and now the doorbell shows connected to the router, but I cannot connect to it through the Arlo app. It shows it disconnected even though the Deco app shows me that device is connected to the IoT network.

Options
a week ago

@JustAllen

I recommend the following steps:  

1. Reconnect the old router.  

2. In the Deco app, navigate to More > Advanced > Operation Mode and select Access Point mode.  

After making these changes, please check if the system functions as expected.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options