Archer AX6000 does not resolve local hostnames on my LAN

a week ago
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20230906 rel.52177(5553)

I was really excited to have TP Link router and replacing it with my existing ASUS router. I faced first problem that I had to manually key punched all of my mac addressed that i had used to reserve IP address in DHCP. TP Link does not allow copy/past or upload. It was quire laboreous but i was able to do this.

2) Second problem is with USB storage. It does not allow to map folders to different share name. It only limit you to use drive letter as sharename and all remaining folders will be exposed with complete path. In ASUS and Negear users can map a sharename to any path/folder. 

The 3rd problem that is a show stopper and may make me to quit TP Link is that it does not resolve my local host names on LAN. this is the feature which almost every other compatitor (Netgear, Linksys, ASUS) does have from years. I dont know why would TP Link would not have this.

I request to create a new firmware and add this feature into the router, otherwise its not a great use and I will be really disappointed by not using this router just because of this.

thanks

Mazher

Options