Recent BE85 BE22000 customer

Saturday
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.20 Build 20240726 Rel. 12243

Just bought a BE85 BE22000 3-pack system, and was wondering where configuration information was stored.

Is it stored in NAND on the device?

If so, is there a way to back it up and restore it?

I've got a fair amount including address reservations, and was wondering if there was a way to preserve my work.

Coming from a Netgear RBK85 3-pack where there is such a capability, and was wondering if the same was present on the TP-Link BE85 cluster.

Also, I noticed DHCP only allows address reservations in the dynamic range.

Before retiring, I administered ISC DHCP at my institution and I'd generally provide a dynamic range and would place static DHCP reservations outside of the dynamic range so there was no question that that address slot would be assigned to a dynamic client.

Any way, really enjoying this system - I've more than tripled the speed going to my office iMac - it's like being tied directly to my cable modem, even though I'm connected via 10gb ethernet to a satellite port.

Thanks in advance for any information.

-- Verne

P.S. I notice that there's a new firmware version on the US/2.6 page than was autoloaded from the internet at installation. Will this eventually be offered to auto-update, or should I download it and install it manually?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Recent BE85 BE22000 customer
Saturday

@Iceman803 

Currently, it is not possible to back up any settings on the Deco devices. However, I have already suggested this improvement to the senior engineers with whom I have been collaborating over the past few weeks, so there is hope for a future update.

Regarding your question about DHCP, I recommend reaching out to a member of the TP-Link staff, as my knowledge on this topic is quite limited. If you do not receive a response to this post within a few days, you may want to contact David-TP using this link: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/uc/info/887426.

They typically test the firmware version before releasing it through the app, so it will eventually be available in the automatic update option. If you would like to test it and need assistance with the installation, please let me know, and I would be happy to guide you through the process.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options