lease host name not found

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-13 22:19:48 - last edited 2023-02-06 05:48:26
Tags: #System Log
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We're getting lots of dropped connection - multiple times a day with the Archer C7 v2.

The log shows no error - but there is always this at the time it dies....

"

DHCP WARNING DHCPS:lease host name not found

"

Any clues? I've already ordered an AC2600 replacement for the C7 - assuming it is just not a good product.
Options
17 Reply
Re:lease host name not found
2019-09-08 16:19:35
I am getting the same issues as you describe here with the same model! Have you been able to fix anything?
Options
2019-11-16 10:42:32

Hi all,

To locate the issue and fix it, we need analyze the system log with the specfic symptoms of the current issue. 

So if you guys have the similar problem, please show us a details description of your issue.

And please export the complete system log file after the issue happened and then we can do further analysis. 

Besides, we are working on the improvement of the system log now; It is aimed  to make it more useful and informative. This operation will apply to our products gradually. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-16 16:18:40

@Kevin_Z I have 2 log outputs where this happened though it seems I can only include one at a time here. Please do investigate :)

Thanks,

-David

File:
Syslog.txtDownload
Options
2019-11-16 16:38:40

@Kevin_Z It just happened again...my router is plugged into a UPS so it should not be related to dirty power. Here is another log

File:
Syslog(2).txtDownload
Options
2019-12-17 20:13:17

@ShotGal I have been experiencing this issue since I reset the Archer C7 Router. A search of this problem told me to remove the default name in the 'Host name' field on the Network settings page. This did not work. 

I am experiencing loss of connection every time the log shows the host lease name was not found.

My Archer C7 is a v1 by the way, updated with all the firmware updates after reset.

File:
Syslog.txtDownload
Options
2020-04-19 03:55:11

@ShotGal I likewise have the same issue with dropped connections with the same lease host name issue at the time of connection loss. It persists for upwards of 15 seconds in many cases, and then sometimes resolves on it's own, sometimes only with a disconnect/reconnect to the network. 

File:
2020.4.18.B_Archer_C7Syslog.txtDownload
Options
2020-06-14 18:29:05

@ShotGal 

Hello guys, my router, an Archer C7 v.2, has been presenting the same problem. Sporadically, the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals disappear completely, but the router continues to function, including via a wired network, which does not lose connection. My network is presented as follows: ISP Modem (LAN) (Router mode) > Ethernet network cable > TP Link Archer C7 v.2 Router (WAN). It is worth mentioning that my internet provider is Claro NET Virtua (Brazil), which uses DOCSIS 3.0 (HFC). I have a connection speed of 240 MB download and 20 MB upload. I also attached my log. I hope the team can solve the problem, because I tried everything possible: I used the most current firmware, I tried the factory reset, and the problem continued, I tried the firmware downgrade and a new factory reset, the problem continued, I tried to rename the SSID , changed the password, changed the encryption to a less robust version, changed the wifi channels, and nothing worked. I hope my speech helps in some way.
File:
Syslog.txtDownload
Options
2020-07-31 02:17:23

Have the same problem. Seems like Tp-Link just don't give a f... to this router anymore since the problem seems to persist for more than a year and no solution was given so far. 

Anyway, here's my log. 

File:
Syslog.txtDownload
Options
2020-11-18 21:30:26

@Kevin_Z Boa noite!

Possuo o mesmo problema, mais com roteador diferente. Tenho o TL-WR2543ND. na última atualização. 

Também já fiz de tudo, reset, atualizaões, mundanças de configurações e mesmo assim o problema perciste.

Estou enviando em anexo o log do aparelho para a sua analise. Fico no seu aguardo.

File:
Syslog.txtDownload
Options
2020-11-19 17:18:39

They never got back to me with any solution. I think it must have been a hardware issue since it doesnt seem any software solutions resolve it. If you find this trying to find a solution then I just recommend a new router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 15750

Replies: 17

Tags

System Log
Related Articles