Trouble with Wifi internet connection between iPhone 6 and TP Link N600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-23 19:58:48
Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 141022 Rel.33470n

ISP : Cox

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the connection between my iPhone 6 and my TP Link N600 Router. I can connect to the network with full bars, but my phone often responds as if there is no internet signal. My phone works well on other wifi networks. Other devices work well on this router. For some reason it's just this pairing that is giving me trouble. I have tried both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz connections. If it helps, I have an Arris Surfboard SB6121 modem. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks so much
Options
4 Reply
Re:Trouble with Wifi internet connection between iPhone 6 and TP Link N600
2017-03-25 10:34:32
Sometimes I have this situation. But after a short time my phone was connected to wifi.
- Someone help me and Eburns227 overcome it.

Thank!
Options
2017-03-25 14:59:26

eburns227 wrote

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 141022 Rel.33470n

ISP : Cox

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the connection between my iPhone 6 and my TP Link N600 Router. I can connect to the network with full bars, but my phone often responds as if there is no internet signal. My phone works well on other wifi networks. Other devices work well on this router. For some reason it's just this pairing that is giving me trouble. I have tried both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz connections. If it helps, I have an Arris Surfboard SB6121 modem. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks so much

Have you tried you set up a manually DNS server on the router? In addition, did your iphone work in power-save mode when there was not internet?
Options
2017-03-26 19:31:00
As far as I know, the issues with the internet occurred both when it was in power-save mode and regular mode. I'll see if I can notice whether it's worse with one setting or the other. I haven't set up a manual DNS server. How would I go about doing that?
Options
2017-03-27 16:48:55

eburns227 wrote

As far as I know, the issues with the internet occurred both when it was in power-save mode and regular mode. I'll see if I can notice whether it's worse with one setting or the other. I haven't set up a manual DNS server. How would I go about doing that?

Network -> WAN -> Use These DNS Servers
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 4