Archer C7 getting 1/3rd speed from lan ports.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-11 19:52:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I can't seem to get anywhere close to full speed from the lan ports on my c7. I have a 300mbps internet connection. When the modem is connected (via lan) to my computer directly I get full speed, great ping, no buffer bloat. When I was using the router provided by my isp I had no problem getting full speed. When I connect the c7 the speed tops out at around 120. It was previously sub 120, but I changed some settings, upgraded to cat 7 cables from old cat 5 cables, and updated the firmware and drivers on everything. I made sure the duplex mode was set correctly. Everything is detecting as gigabit ports. There's no bandwidth limiting on the router settings. (I don't think there's any qos on this device.) I got it to a point where it would occasionally get to well above 300 but would get extremely high buffer bloat which caused my internet connection to stall out. Right now the connection is all the way down in the 80's. I never had a problem with my previous router, and the connection is perfect as long as the c7 isn't connected. Gaming, streaming, and internet performance has been terrible. I'm in my final week before the 30 days are up to return it so I'm probably going to return it in a few days if I can't figure out a solution. I considered installing custom firmware, but I'd rather not if I'm just going to end up returning it anyways.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on, or is the c7 not able to handle a connection of that speed?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 837

Replies: 0

Related Articles