Time-based content controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-14 22:24:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've started enabling parental controls, and have hit a roadblock. I'd like to see the schedule controls expanded a little bit to a) turn-off access to content types and/or apps separately from the overall bed time for a profile and/or b) have daily time limits for the 'Filtered Content' selections. For example, limit gaming to 3 hours/day, youtube to 1, Facebook to 1, etc.

I spent hours configuring my C8 to do this, but it was not user friendly. Anything I'm missing in the Deco app that makes this possible?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Time-based content controls
2017-06-15 09:41:39
Nope, the Deco app hasn't such feature to set up different time period for different apps/websites except you create an additional profile. It seems too complex for Parental Control.
Options
Re:Time-based content controls
2017-06-15 20:44:50
Thanks for the reply. Looking at the Deco app, I don't see it as too complex. When looking at Categories or Apps/Websites, I envision having a clock icon next to each item. Clicking that clock would allow me to set up a schedule or time limit for each category or application type. Other option would be a menu on 'Filter Level' for 'Time Controls' - clicking that option lets me create Time Limits or Bed Time. Clicking next then lets me select the Categories or Apps that the Time Limits are applied to. Since Deco already knows about time limits and bed times at the profile levels, it's simply another check at the Content Level for time-based filtering.

Regarding your suggestion to create an additional profile - that could work as well if a device could belong to multiple profiles. THAT would be even more powerful than what I proposed above so long as the Deco was smart enough to apply the most restrictive profile rules to the member devices.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 2