archer c9 static ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-29 06:29:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

my router is an Archer c9. i have assigned static ip addresses to about 6 devices including a raspberry pi. for some reason the Pi does not get the ip address i assigned it from the router. it assigns just a random open ip. i've already powered down router and all connected devices. I've reset the router to its default settings. i've verified and re-entered the MAC address 100 times. but no matter what i do DHCP from router just does not want to assign the static ip address.

i have no other problems with any other devices connected.

any advice? thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:archer c9 static ip address
2017-06-29 13:31:57
so i decided to try another router. i had a tenda ac9 around so i swapped it out. i reset to default settings. changed LAN ip to 192.168.1.1. then i started adding mac addresses for static ip assignments. wouldn't you know i couldn't assign 192.168.1.2. kept giving me error message, "can not use 192.168.1.2 for an ip address". that is the exact same local ip address i was having problems with the Archer c9. but the Archer c9 let me add 192.168.1.2 to the static ip reserve table. but like i said in original post, router would actually never assign that ip address to the device.

now i am wondering if it some sort of conspiracy? why do the chinese not want me to use 192.168.1.2???? :confused:
Options
Re:archer c9 static ip address
2017-07-14 18:25:36
maybe your Pi just wan't take that assigned ip address, try another one or contact Raspberry company for more help. Or settle down with dhcp
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1274

Replies: 2

Related Articles