HELP! cannot get to 192.168.0.1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-14 01:07:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I need help. I have a Archer 3150 v2 only a few months old. I cannot get to the 192.168.0.1 admin page. I tried multiple browsers and multiple computers. Just keep getting message that the page is not found. funny thing is if i ping 192.168.0.1 i get a response back so i do not know what is going on. I have tried the tplinkwifi url and that gives me the same result. The internet is working for the most part. But sometimes if i want to go to a website i get a page not available error. i immediately try to ping the website and the ping works.

Again this is a problem on multiple browsers and multiple computers. I know the router auto updates with firmware, is there a recent firmware that is messing things up for me?

Note: i have tired to turn off and on the router and cable modem to no effect.

can you suggest what I should do?

thanks,
Tar
Options
8 Reply
Re:HELP! cannot get to 192.168.0.1
2017-07-14 08:54:36
try this, disconnect everything from this router including modem, other units in the lan port and connect only one computer to its lan port, try that number again. if you can get in, change its lan ip address to 192.168.2.1-save.
if no luck, maybe we have to reset the router and try again.
Options
2017-07-14 10:25:03
hi,

i got home and tried this, unfortunately this did not work for me. it was still telling me that i cannot connect to 192.168.0.1

However, I did try to reset the router and after two tries it seems to be happy now. at least for now.

I have also updated the firmware, hopefully that will keep things working moving forward.

i still cannot explain why i could ping 192.168.0.1 but no browse to it...

thank you anyway!

Enson Loo wrote

try this, disconnect everything from this router including modem, other units in the lan port and connect only one computer to its lan port, try that number again. if you can get in, change its lan ip address to 192.168.2.1-save.
if no luck, maybe we have to reset the router and try again.
Options
2017-07-15 19:04:19
The next time you can't connect to the router with a browser, turn off the power to the router, count to 5 and then turn the power back on.
Options
2017-07-17 02:36:22

dph3055 wrote

The next time you can't connect to the router with a browser, turn off the power to the router, count to 5 and then turn the power back on.

Hello,

i did try this several times, keeping all my devices powered down for several minutes with no success. Resetting to factory default was the only thing that helped in this particular situation.

thanks,
Tar
Options
2017-07-18 01:41:38
The problem was the firmware upgrade, I was eventually able to get in buy disconnecting my modem and rebooting, but since the upgrade does factory reset i might as well have done that to begin with :(
Kinda annoying and counter productive to be locked out by the need to upgrade firmware especially since need to get in to do it. Hope Tp-Link fixes this bug.
Options
2017-07-18 05:31:54
It just happens to me each 2-3 months.
At the beginning I was struggling a bit to setup the router, I had speed issues either for 2.4 or for 5
now everything is working fine, high speeds on both wifi channels, and LAN, also with IPv6 working.
The only issue I'm facing from time to time (once each 2-3 months) is what's quoted above. Suddenly, without any sign, connection is lost. I was thinking of my ISP or DNS error, but it doesn't explain why I cant access the router. Sometimes the login screen shows up (VERY slowly), but then just timeout errors.
Disabling / re-enabling LAN under windows, rebooting, nothing helps, except turning the router off and back on.
Last time a did a reset as well, then loaded my saved settings back. After that it's fine.
Apart from this unpredictable error, it's very stable.
Options
2017-07-18 09:32:23
Electronics are not built to constantly be running at all times, and power cycling helps with most issues. Maybe the router is reaching its limit of ram.
Options
2017-07-19 11:47:13

agash wrote

It just happens to me each 2-3 months.
At the beginning I was struggling a bit to setup the router, I had speed issues either for 2.4 or for 5
now everything is working fine, high speeds on both wifi channels, and LAN, also with IPv6 working.
The only issue I'm facing from time to time (once each 2-3 months) is what's quoted above. Suddenly, without any sign, connection is lost. I was thinking of my ISP or DNS error, but it doesn't explain why I cant access the router. Sometimes the login screen shows up (VERY slowly), but then just timeout errors.
Disabling / re-enabling LAN under windows, rebooting, nothing helps, except turning the router off and back on.
Last time a did a reset as well, then loaded my saved settings back. After that it's fine.
Apart from this unpredictable error, it's very stable.

While it may seem to be similar your problem is slightly different as you have other symptoms (lost connections, slow loading of login screen).
This sounds to my like the router is freezing, Possibly from a ram issue as Enson Loo suggest. Or could be overheating issue as well. I would wait until it happens again then before doing (if you have time ) trying to get tp-link on the phone to troubleshoot with you. They may decide its hardware problem as replace it for you. Or just make it a habit to reboot every couple weeks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3349

Replies: 8

Related Articles