A2300 Slow Upload speeds on a wired desktop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-25 11:32:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TP-Link Archer A2300 router. My desktop is connected by ethernet. I have 45 Mbs allocated for upload speed from my ISP. When I am wired directly into my modem (Arris SB6190) I get roughly 40 Mbs upload speed from the PC. When I go through the router my upload drops to 8-9 Mbs. I ran a speedtest on my iPhone to get a wireless upload speed and it topped out at 33 Mbs. I've checked the firmware through the TP-Link software and it says that I am running the latest version 1.0.0 Build 20170210 Rel.40719 When I first installed the router I was getting 40+ Mbs upload speed. This dropped to the current 8-9 about two months ago. I didn't think anything of it until I had a rep out to my house to fix an internet connection problem. I mentioned the slow upload speed to him and that's when he had me wire the pc directly into the modem. He's also the one that said I should make sure my firmware was up to date. My download speeds average 400 Mbs (allocated 450 Mbs), so there is no problem there, just on the uploads. Any ideas on what the problem could be or how to fix it?
Options
3 Reply
Re:A2300 Slow Upload speeds on a wired desktop
2017-07-26 10:37:23
have you tried reboot? or back up the settings first then reset it and later restore the settings.
Options
Re:A2300 Slow Upload speeds on a wired desktop
2017-07-26 23:10:45
I have rebooted the router. I have also reset it to the factory presets that originally provided the 40 Mbs upload speed. So far, nothing has worked.
Options
my problem might be related
2017-07-27 00:02:06
With our netgear router this problem does not happen, but with the a2300 it does. I have virtual server ports setup for vnc and when trying to connection through the router it takes forever, literally like 20 minutes if I have the timeout setup for that. If I don't the vnc viewer will eventually tell me the server isn't replaying after the socket connection is accepted. When I have the timeout set real high I'm still not getting anything, like the data coming back is too slow for any kind of realtime work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 738

Replies: 3