How to tell if you are connected via Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-30 04:54:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Here is my current setup.

One cable going from the modem to a Deco, then another cable connected to a switch where the Decos are hardwired throughout the rest of the house.

I think this is the correct way for ethernet...but is there any way for sure so I can tell?

I have yet to see a way to ensure all Decos are connected that way (I actually have 6 in the house)

Thanks,

Ross
Options
10 Reply
Re:How to tell if you are connected via Ethernet backhaul
2017-08-07 19:03:51
Hi Ross, TP-Link Launched a new firmware to add access point mode. You can use access point mode instead of Ethernet backhaul.
Options
2017-08-19 15:08:38
Flying snow. Al mode and ethernet backhall is als a mess zo wouldnt recommend. You will up with multiple wireless networks instead of one mess network.
Options
2017-08-21 17:13:21
you can connect all decos that way according to this FAQ http://www.tp-link.com/faq-1842.html, a switch in between the main deco and other decos are fine
Options
2017-08-26 00:02:50
How do we *know* that it's using Ethernet backhaul?
Options
2017-08-31 01:48:35
Well, if i connect the ethernet cable, and then check the speed, with by. example speedtest.net, I see a huge increase in download speed, but I agree: it should be visibe in the app, per unit, which connection is used, WiFi, or Ethernet
Options
2017-09-05 16:00:56

DaveTheNerd wrote

How do we *know* that it's using Ethernet backhaul?

when the decos are all connected via cable, the " Ethernet backhaul" will be enabled by default, data in between the decos will go through the Ethernet cable instead of wireless.
Options
2017-09-06 00:05:27

Anton L.Z. wrote

when the decos are all connected via cable, the " Ethernet backhaul" will be enabled by default, data in between the decos will go through the Ethernet cable instead of wireless.

I get that, but without the Deco's (or Deco app) reporting this, there's no way of knowing that's what's happening... and no way to know if something happens to one of my Ethernet cables, etc.
Options
2017-09-06 10:36:53
Hi Dave, you are right. Hope it can be visible in the near furture...
Options
2017-09-07 00:53:37
Yes, all we need is something that tells how the deco is connected...via wifi or ethernet. The deco knows..we just don't :)
Options
2017-09-13 09:54:17
Thanks for all your feedbacks. Will collect and report all your suggestions and advice to the relevant departments for evaluating.
It's appreciated to hear feedbacks more from you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2756

Replies: 10