Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A
2018-05-14 20:03:06
my archer c5400 problem is solved. Thanks :)

how?!
Options
Archer C5400 firmware BUB
2018-05-19 04:52:04

hantuonline wrote

My Archer C5400 problem is solved. Thanks :)
I have the exact same issue.How?!
Options
Fast and good signal until you update the firmware.
2018-05-19 04:59:36
Fast and good signal until you update the firmware. There is a known bug that of course I only found out about AFTER updating the firmware automatically. I lost both of the 5G radios, I can not see 2.4G band ...Is there any fix for C5400 issue? Help me!
Options
2018-05-20 16:47:58
The firmware is not the issue. I have several of these routers now, and all of them work perfect using the latest firmware. My first one had the 2.4GHz side die after about 20 days. I contacted TP-Link and they suggested I return it to Amazon under their warranty. I did that and ordered a brand new one. I immediately updated the firmware on it and it has been fine since early January 2018. I got two more a few months ago, and updated their firmware to the latest version and they are working just fine. I really think this is a quality control issue. I do know that these units get pretty hot. I have mine sitting on spacers to elevate them above the surface they sit on. Maybe they get too hot sitting too close to the surface?
Options
Archer 2600 1.0 - band 2.4 GHZ not visible/connectable anymore
2018-05-21 01:07:22
Hi I saw for a couple of different models the same issue. After about one year of proper function, the 2.4 GHZ band is not visible and not accessible from any device anymore. Interesting observation: Channel width is set to Auto but can not be manually selected. Channel is set to Auto but the device indicated "(Current Channel N/A)". Firmware version is: 1.0.0 Build 20150610 Rel. 32140 since I got the device. Any clues? Best regards
Options
2018-06-12 10:03:23
I purchased by router in Nov 2016 and it was working great up until May 2018. Now suddenly I have the same issues.

I have the router on smart connect mode and whenever I move more than one room away I get an "Authentication error occurred" and when I look at the status page of the router it shows my device (an android phone) as connected to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz-1 channels. Also, I will sometimes get a connected but "Internet may not be available" error or the device just keeps trying over and over to connect without a message. Then when I walk back into the same room as the router (or 1 room away) it connects me to 5GHz-2 and there are no issues.

I contacted TP-Link support and got an RMA. They sent a brand new, sealed box, C5200 (which I thought was odd because I had a C5400 but I read online it was the same just "Costco's" brand). Decided to open the box and the router said C5400 on the device and in firmware. I plugged it in and immediately upgraded to firmware 1.0.4 build 20170731 Rel 74060 and the same issue occurs. I am at a loss.
Options
ArcherC5400
2018-06-14 16:13:08
I had same experienced on the problem that you discussed. Recently, I wonder why old phones like iphone4s cannot find any signal from C5400 even though it was not hidden SSID for 2.4ghz. I cannot change the channel 4 as what suggested from this forum for 2.4ghz band and it was already fixed assign to auto mode. By the way the firmware for C5400 is already upgraded to latest version. I hope that TPLINK will willing to replace another model in exchange for this C5400 which is proven defective manufacturing design and cannot be corrected to any firmware updates..
Options
2018-06-16 23:40:26

WifiIssues wrote

I purchased by router in Nov 2016 and it was working great up until May 2018. Now suddenly I have the same issues.

I have the router on smart connect mode and whenever I move more than one room away I get an "Authentication error occurred" and when I look at the status page of the router it shows my device (an android phone) as connected to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz-1 channels. Also, I will sometimes get a connected but "Internet may not be available" error or the device just keeps trying over and over to connect without a message. Then when I walk back into the same room as the router (or 1 room away) it connects me to 5GHz-2 and there are no issues.

I think I am having the similar issue, if not the same. I have firmware version 1.2.2 Build 20170912 rel. 56240. And it is a C5400 ver 2. My iPad Air does not seem to be affected, but my Samsung S9+ keeps getting "Internet not available" after it connects to the router with Internet access for a minute or two. I would have to disconnect and reconnect to the wireless router only to get another minute or two of Internet connection. My laptop is also experiencing the same connection issue. I am suspecting it is due to MU-MIMO feature in the "latest" firmware version?
Options
2018-07-05 19:29:56
Thank You For Sharing, I don't think it's hardware failure, but who knows. Anyway tried to contact TP-LINK support, they didn't asked a lot of questions, they said it's a hardware and go to the RMA process.
Options
2018-07-07 09:29:18
I've joined the club!

I had the 2.4 wifi go out, just prior to the one year warranty ending. So I suppose that is good fortune. TP-Link said they will do the RMA.

The 2.4 GHz still works fine as a wired connection.

So doing the RMA should be good ... but it is my understanding I'll get a remanufactured router. I bought my router new, as opposed to remanufactured. I know my router hasn't been sitting in an attic for 11 months prior to being remanufactured. And maybe the remanufactrued router I'll get was only days old, but I can't tell.

The other factor is that there are three possible bands to use, and only the lowest one is out, and then just the wireless part. I could have potentially gone years using just the 5GHz channels with my router that has been well-cared for.

I just feel I should get a new C5400 to replace this one.

So am I a bit unappreciative? Should I be happy to be getting a remanufactured one?
Options
Related Articles